Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Food glorious food!

I have a random assortment of things to discuss this morning beginning with Trader Joe's.  I like Ft. Worth as much as the next person but why do they get their T-J's before we do?  And why is their Plano store next, when they certainly should know that's not convenient for me?  Frankly, the Preston Royal store should be first, and after that, I don't care who opens next.  I just need a new foodie emporium to investigate and play around in-- but it looks like I might as well get comfortable, because my store isn't opening until 2014.

Now, on to tamales.  Did you see that huge article on making tamales in today's paper?  The real step by step guide, complete with recipes??  I was drinking coffee as I read it, and was still salivating.  What I would give for some of Senora Maria's tamales right now.  Her cornmeal masa mix is almost as good as her fillings, which is really dangerous.  She always asks what kind I want and I just don't care--they are all melt in your mouth good.  I have yet to try her dessert tamales but she says they are wonderful.  Shoot...I had no clue there was such a thing.

And while we are talking about food, I've got a wild hair to make a cheese souffle' for din-din tonight and serve it with a small salad.  Tres' french and my only consideration is how hot it gets today.  If it's blazing outside, maybe a hot souffle' isn't the best idea, no matter how fun it might be. Last night was Copper River salmon with a citrus sauce, done on the grill, that not only melted in your mouth but there's no clean up.  You cook it skin side down on foil--you make a little foil boat to hold the sauce--and once you're cooked in 10 minutes, you serve the salmon and throw away the foil.  Done deal.  If you cook a tad extra, you can serve the leftover fillet on a bed of tossed and dressed salad greens the next day for lunch.  Deeeelish.

Lastly, Mr. and Mrs. Duck were recently joined by another Mallard (male) but he seems to have gone back where ever he came from, though they are still hanging around.  They are both standing on the curb across the street, simultaneously scratching.  No more bunny sightings recently--they may have outgrown Mary's backyard, and moved on to the garden across the street at the church, for the buffet.  Not many gardeners are left up there, but the ones that are, are the ones who really know what they are doing.  Definitely a plus for any hungry critters.

Happy Overcast Wednesday, and since Sis is snoring in her bed underneath the table, maybe it's time to get this posted, and get on with my day.


No comments:

Post a Comment