Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, June 15, 2012

Guineas??

Yesterday afternoon I had a date to meet the new man in my life.  Never mind we hadn't met yet--I already knew he was going to become my next new man crush-- and he delivered.  He was definitely crush worthy. His name is Sawyer, and at only 5 weeks, he's a total babe.  I just could not get enough of him--the velvety skin, the perfect ears, those little chicken legs.  Ahhhh...and did I mention he's a snuggler?  Honey, he is, and he even rooted for the groceries, if you get my drift. 

His momma, Liza, is the best, most laid back mother, and knows him like a book.  And his grandmother, Addie Beth, is as head over heels about him as I am.  Together we were swooning.  Lawsie, the power of a small baby chile dun made us go crazy. 

Sawyer has two dogs, Izzy, a golden retriever, and Kona, who is a sumpthin' sumpthin' Rat Terrier--I can't remember exactly what.  Both are hilarious and perfect companions for a growing baby boy.  That's the backyard.  Here's what greeted me in the front yard--a gaggle or a flock--of Guinea.  I kid you not.  I thought they were female turkeys, since they sort of looked like a turkey minus the fan tail.  Liza said her husband bought them and turned them loose in the neighborhood, but didn't tell the neighbors.  When the neighbors asked about them, Liza said she just played dumb.  I luvvvvv that.

  Since they live in a group, they just roam from yard to yard eating insects, and what ever else a guinea eats.  They mate for life, with the occasional case of tolerated bigamy.  And here I thought the ducks were a bit of a novelty.  We're going to have to do much better than plain old ducks, that's for sure.

                                                                   
When I googled Guineas, there was a brief history about them and then it cut immediately to cooking and eating them.  It showed one all ready for the oven and I have to admit, going from my front yard sighting, to the oven that quick, gave me the willies. 

Now for the weekend:  what does everyone have planned??  Our plans change minute to minute simply because, well, they just do.  Instead of spending the night tonight at the Farm, as we had planned, we are now zipping up tomorrow for a look-see, and then heading back home.  We've been up there so much, we have neglected out own stuff here, and since it's going to be blazing hot either place, we might as well be here. Wuch yall' gone do?? 

Lastly,  Sis wants everyone to know she spent the night in her dog bed at the foot of our bed last night, all night.  No roaming, no whining, no attempts to get in our bed--just some scratching and collar jingling.  Sis usually sleeps in her den dog bed with her dog gates closed, to keep her from "traveling" and roaming and, of course, pestering.  Lord knows she loves to pester.  It's a longer walk for her to her doggie door, from our room, but I guess it's worth it, to her to sleep with her pack.  Tonight if she snores, she's outta there.

Happy Friday to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment