Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Who do you love?

I just saw on the internet that President Obama had come out in favor of same sex marriage.  This is his personal slant, but will leave it up to individual states to decide.  I'm sure this will blow some minds world wide but most especially in the uber conservative South, in the US.  Personally, I don't care who other people love or marry.  I don't figure it's any of my business.  No one came and gave me their opinion on who I married and I don't think it would have made a hill a beans if they had.  So why would I think my opinion matters one way or the other?  It doesn't, and I'll tell you why.  I can boil it down to one simple fact:  Love is love, and it's not up to any one of us to decide who can and who can't, love and be married, to the person of their choice.  That's God's business--not ours.

And, no, I don't believe every single word in the Bible and I don't think I'm supposed to.  I think the Bible can be interpreted to say anything a really manipulative person wants it to say and, yeah, to me that fits in the same category as lying or cheating.

I've been to churches where the minister was 100 % sure of what the Bible said, and then I went to another church and another pastor said it meant something else.  Which one is lying?  Which one is wrong?  The truth of the matter is, none of us really know for a fact what the Bible is saying--we're all just guessing-- and putting our own spin on it to fit our own moral code.  Who am I to say what's wrong or right, for someone else?  

I guess I just want to give people the freedom to be who God created them to be, and if that means they love someone of the same sex, fine by me.  That's just how I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment