Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, December 20, 2013

And the cooking begins...

It's a little after 8:30 AM and my house already smells like a Mexican restaurant. I got up early to get my chalupas and beans going and have had to resort to dueling crock pots.  My pork shoulder was pretty big so it's doing it's thing swimming in my new birthday toy, while the beans swim and snorkel around in the other one.  Yes, the theory is to do them together but I would need a cauldron to do that with what I currently have cooking and I'd look like Granny Clampett.  (The flavor just gets better the longer these have a chance to mingle hence the do ahead.) 
                                                                      

We are having a partay on Sunday for both sides of the family's kids, hence the food.  It's a casual come and go, hang out, eat if you want, don't eat if you don't want, don't come if you don't want to, type deal.  Dr. Frostie, my niece, is on call so I hope she gets to come.  Last year she brought one of her dogs, Cash, a long haired dachshund, and he was the total star of the party.  Sis hated him for stealing the limelight but not for too long.  And speaking of Sis, I haven't yet shared with her that she'll be serving time in her dad's bathroom during the party so she won't get stepped on.  Yeah, that's not going to go down well with her but it's just for a little while.  She can come out towards the end and cruise and work the room.

Last year I caught her raised up on her hind legs trying to slurp hummus off the den coffee table with that long frog tongue of hers.  Party manners are just not her thing.  Another reason for bathroom jail.  I don't want to have to police her.

It's Friday, we all made it through the week, so remember to take care of yourself and rest.  "NO" is a complete sentence so practice saying it.  It's easy and you're worth it.





No comments:

Post a Comment