Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Buckle up: approaching 2014

Since it's cold and dreary looking outside, I'm taking time this afternoon to think about the last year--the good, bad, and the ugly--as I get ready for 2014.  I always enjoy a brief stroll down memory lane reminding myself of what lessons I learned and what my take-away was from each one.  Then I laugh my a** off over the stuff I angsted over that wasn't worth the time or energy.  One thing I have learned is that if I don't get the lesson, whatever it is, I'm doomed to repeat it and since most of them are not fun and require lots of personal growth (pain), I'd just as soon get them the first time around.  I know you feel me here.  I can just tell.

For 2014, here are a few of the things I plan to concentrate on:

1.  Having fun--no matter what that looks like to anyone else
2.  Playing more with little kids *see #1
3.  Planting more of my pots when it warms up
4.  Making more salads and eating less meat
5.  Eating more vegetables
6.  Reading more books now that the holidays are over
7.  Reading the paper and Internet LESS
8.  Listening to my intuition more
9.  Hibernating if that's what I feel like doing when it's cold
10. Drinking more tea in the afternoon and pretending like I'm in England
11. Making an attitude of gratitude a priority
12. Laughing a whole lot more
13. Taking life and myself a LOT less seriously
14. Spending more time outside in nature             
                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment