Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

And...we're done

And what a Christmas it was.  Fun, funny, tender, and very sweet.  Imperfect, sad, hopeful, and full of change.  A new year is coming and lots to look forward to and lots to be very glad is over.  In short, time to move on and move forward to a new season and a new world.

Our family went to visit mom this afternoon along with two of my nieces, and their mom.  At first mom was out of it and confused, but the longer we talked with her, back to the partay she came.  Or, at least the performer in her rose to the occasion.  She hadn't seen some of the grand kids in a good while so I'm sure she was confused at first, but she made a comment or two that let us all know she was somewhat on top of things.  Another visitor's family had brought their dachshund with them so we borrowed her for a second, and it was like old times.  Mom went nuts seeing their dog and loving on it, so no wonder she rallied.  Nothing stirs old family memories for my group like a dachshund.  

I am beyond grateful for all that I have and all the people I love and that love me.  I'm also grateful for the ones that don't, for they are my teachers.  Life is all about living and learning, and I don't want to miss a single lesson.

 And that's a wrap, baby.  Done and done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment