Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Dinner? Why not.

I've said it before and I'm saying it again. Pope Francis is the type of spiritual leader for this world  I've personally needed to see for a l-o-n-g time.  He is so on message, such a REAL role model, that I can't wait for Christmas Eve to watch him on TV from the Vatican.  I don't watch the whole thing--just a little bit-- and it puts the spirit in me every year and gives me the chills.  Even though I am not Catholic, there is just something so familiar and uplifting--spiritually stirring-- that a few minutes is all I need.

I don't think you have to be religious to be spiritual.  To me, they are not one and the same.  Some folks may not agree with me on that, and that's totally OK.  That's what makes this big old world interesting.  We each get to believe and practice exactly what feels right to us, and Pope Francis just does it for me.  The whole Catholic message isn't for me but that's not the point.  I can connect with him regardless of my beliefs because he's so open. 

While I'm betting he's no pushover, I'm thinking he'd be a really cool best friend.  I don't see him as being judgmental, critical, or arrogant.  I see him as being an incredible listener, someone whose wisdom is from a life of real "doing" vs talking about doing, and I understand he's a man with a wicked sense of humor.  

Can you imagine getting to call his cell and just talk with him?  Hey...that's what best friends do, so since he'd be my BFF, I'd get to-- and I could ask him how he sees things, what he daydreams about, if he misses his old life as a Cardinal.  I'd love to know who his best friend is (besides God), and what his favorite book is and, no, the Bible doesn't count.  Does he read magazines?  Which ones?  What does he do for fun?  What brings him the most joy?

If I could choose the person of 2013 who I'd most like to have dinner with, hands down it's him.  Who's your pick?

No comments:

Post a Comment