Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, December 11, 2009

Curve ball

Yesterday was all about being a grown up--today I get to put it into practice, on a small scale. My wonderful Maria just called and is clearly sick. She has never been sick in all the time she has worked for me. EVER. So today, I am my own housekeeper. Is this what I had planned for today? Well, no. Can I clean my own house? Of course. I don't do near as good a job as Maria, that's for sure, but clean it I can. It occurred to be as I was starting a load of laundry just now, how this is really an opportunity to spend time reflecting today on how grateful I am for Maria--for being able to have a Maria--and all the other blessings in my life. If this is my biggest "problem" today, I've got some really high class problems, no?

I've decided to take a few shortcuts--I'm going to clean my shower while I'm in it. Seems like a reasonable idea and a green one at that. I'm not going to mop (at least at this point) unless it snows pink today. That will be the only sign I'll accept that the floors can't wait until next week. Another green idea and a water saver also. Vacuuming? Yep...I can do that (or my "assistant" can do it when he gets home). His bathroom? Welllllll....if I can find my HazMat gear, I'll give it a shot. If not, he can clean it while he's in it. More eco-green.

But the real thing here for me is, I am blessed that I am home and not working, my house is not large, I am able bodied, and I can take a break whenever I want to. Hey...I'm my own boss. And I get to spend the time being grateful. And burn a few calories. Not a bad deal.

What seemed like a disaster is now an opportunity. It's all in how you look at it.


No comments:

Post a Comment