Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Internet Purchase

Welllllll....damn it. My first ever Internet purchase that arrived, and didn't work. Puuuuulease. I did some cost comparisons and searches for a new flat screen TV for my kitchen. My old TV, and I stress the word old, had developed an annoying habit of emitting a heinous high pitched squeal that dogs one street over could probably hear. Bruce's solution: just whack the TV real hard on both sides and while this worked for a little while, it was clearly not a long term solution. So my search ensued.

I found one I liked, but the real question with a smaller TV these days is sound--little TV equals little speakers. Think tin can quality sound and munchkin like voices. Whoa. The one I found seemed to be the best of the lot after several visits to local TV emporiums. Trying to listen to the sound quality of a TV in Best Buy is just a no- go so don't even try it. (You will have your ear on the TV screen in order to hear and you will elicit lots of stares. Trust me on this.) I did go to Ed Kellum, though, and while I could have bought a Prada bag for their price, at least I could hear the damn TV. So, I hopped on the Internet, bought one and saved tons of dough, only to have it arrive, be hooked up, and have no picture. Sound was great-----picture....not so much. Probably just fine if you are blind but thankfully, I am not.

To make matter worse, the guy I used to like so much that lives here, too, shows me after a quick Internet search, that this TV has been noted as having this particular problem quite a bit. Wellllll......thank you for that bit of news, Mr. Smarty Pants.

Today my mission is to pack up the TV I previously liked, and mail that sucker back. Woo hoo. Can you even think of a more fun activity that going to the post office or the UPS store, right now, with everyone else in the free world who is trying to mail last minute gifts for Christmas? I can hardly wait. I may take a folding chair with me. And lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment