Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, December 21, 2009

Judson..Judson...Judson

Brian (Crashman, my oldest son) has a good buddy named Judson. Suffice it to say, Judson can cook the best smoked pulled pork in Dallas County. And, no, he is not from Texas. (He could also talk the paint off a wall but that's another story.) Judson also makes this incredible smoky flavored mustard that is just flat to die for. You could put it on ice cream and it would taste good. I have offered to supply the beer if he will teach me how to do the pork and the mustard. He did not bite. So, I toned down the offer...how about just the mustard since that's what I really wanted anyway. His response: " I'll make you some but I can't give you the recipe. I may open my own restaurant some day." Oh, man......those are fightin' words. You have a recipe and you don't share it???? We'll just see about that. And what does he think old momma Harris is gonna do, sell the mustard recipe?? Start her own restaurant?? Please.
Crashman delivered the above harsh news Sunday night after he and Judson returned from the Ranch. Ha. Gottcha, Judson. Crashman and I have decided to sit back and apply the slow squeeze to our mustard friend. Brian said "I'm gonna scoreboard him, mom". Brian, if I know him well, will now use every possible opportunity to mention to Judson, in front of a crowd, all the trips to the Farm, the Ranch, and times Judson's cooked over at their house. Not to mention the recent "decon" Brian and pals did to Judson's apartment that would otherwise have had him condemned by the Health Department. Apparently, Judson likes cats. Use your imagination. No wonder he cooks somewhere else. Gag.

Poor Judson...he has no idea what being tag teamed by the Harris's can be like.....but he's about to find out. I can probably figure out the mustard recipe but that'd take all the fun out of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment