Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, December 18, 2009

Had and Hud update

Today I am delivering all things Christmas to the piglets. For those of you not in the know, Hudson and Hadley are my sister's current two grandchildren--we have one in the starting gate waiting for the bell, as we speak. Avery just missed her chance at sharing my birthday Tuesday--despite everything I tried to coax her out, she was not budging. Good for her. Every girl need her own birthday. I just hope she doesn't arrive on Christmas. Yikes....talk about sharing.....eeesh.

Anyway, Hudson is getting a "crushed velvet looking" batman cape that's machine washable. That boy is gonna fly in style. And I especially like the machine washable feature--you never know when a boy may crash and burn. Believe me...I know. We used to have one Superman cape and two boys. Do you even need to guess who was always Robin....ummm....that would be Benji. Until Bruce's mom made a Batman cape for them--and then it was cape du jour. They flew everywhere--off the rope swing, off the climbing thingy in the front yard, across their beds--you name it. So, I think I'm pretty safe in guessing Hudson may like his. If not, I know his sidekick, Hadley, will. My read on her, so far, is she'll be the one, later on, in the fabulous ball gown with her cowboy boots underneath. My kind of gal.

Right now, at almost three, she's into all things girl (and boy). So, with that as my main objective, Had is getting a soft cotton "girly" purse, with a dog in it. And a book about "Where's the Dog". The dog is obviously part of the purse thing but you sure could have fooled me. They(the dogs) were actually kind of ugly but what do I know. I tried to swap out a dog for a nicer looking one, but they were sewn in. Oh, I get it...the old ugly purse/cute dog or vice versa routine. According to the lady at Toy's Unique, all the "littles" want these and I guess they must--she had a display full of them.

And the best part?? They actually wrap the gifts for you. Now, admittedly, the wraps weren't beautiful but they were perfect for little people--right down to the blue Christmas paper for boys and the red Christmas paper for girls. And even a sticker for the To: From: part. Man....I know who's getting my business from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment