Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, January 10, 2010

911....pleeeeeease



Are you good in a crisis? Some people are and some aren't and there's no in between. God love my neighbor....she just isn't. Period. First it was her son, years ago, with his tongue frozen to a "ferdgsicle*". (* See previous post a ways back). I was out in the front yard watching the boys, when the front door next door flew open and out ran my neighbor screaming "help meeeeeee". She shoved her then 3 1/2 year old son, Will, at me, and just screamed "dooo something.....his tongue is stuuuuuck". So, I wordlessly grabbed the hose, turned it on, and squirted Will's tongue loose. Once his tongue was free, Will thought it was great and wanted to keep doing it. My kind of guy. ( We are still buds to this day. Last year during his senior year, I made him chocolate chip cookies and ran them next door when my boys weren't around. (It was also a swell cover for making cookies and then snagging a few, but Will doesn't know that and I'm not tellin'.)

Anyway, his sweet mom just came over and was totally freaked out since a pipe had burst, she couldn't cut off her water, and her husband is in Austin. I told her I knew how but didn't have the thingy to do it with. And she just stared at me blankly....Oh, well you're right...this IS my problem..... So, I suggested calling an emergency plumber (too expensive), her real estate agent that's listing their house (oh...yeah..him....), or just so we could see the hot firemen, 911 (oooh, yeah, baby.) And out the door she went, iPhone in hand. The plumbers just arrived so I think the worst part of this is, we're BOTH gonna miss seeing the hot fire guys. Rats.
Since my neighbors are moving to Austin, I just hope and pray they find someone who can help her in a pinch. Crisis management is just not her thing.

And don't kid yourself....I know what you're lookin' at....

No comments:

Post a Comment