Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, January 1, 2010

I'm in Love

With a house. In a movie. How sad is that. The setting is supposedly Santa Barbara and it's the new Meryl Streep, Alec Baldwin, Steve Martin movie "It's Complicated". OMG....the house is so me ...right down to the crunchy gravel outside on her patio. How did they know that was exactly what I'd want??? And the kitchen....I have no words to describe it's perfection. The refrigerator?? Only the coolest one in the world. Even the bedroom. Totally purrrrrrfect. You know how some people go to the movie for the story? I went for the house. The second I saw it, I literally groaned out loud. And when I looked at my movie going partner, all he could say was "whoa". In a good way. James Radin did the house, so if you saw "The Holiday" and "Something's Gotta Give" and liked those houses, you will lose it over this one. He did all of them and I'm just flat ready to move. As long as it's to one of his houses.
BTW, the movie is hilarious so by all means go see it. I don't want to tell you any more about it other than I would love to have lived Meryl's part, minus the divorce. Tres' cool.

In case you can't tell, I simply adore houses. And not big ones either. Oh, no....the ones that need a complicated intercom system don't need me. Now, I don't want a tiny closet of a house but one that's cozy and spacious. That's not easy to do. And no two story monstrosities. I could do a reasonable second story....maybe....if done correctly. Otherwise, no thanks.

One of my favorite things to do is brake for Open House signs. I probably should have a bumper sticker made. I love to go through and verbally critique the house with Bruce. And we are pretty ruthless. The one thing I will caution you about, if this is also your fun and games, is to be careful that the guy who's sitting the house, is also NOT the builder. Those guys are on suicide watch as it is, trying to sell some of their (ugly, pig tracky) stuff so maybe it's wise to find that out up front. Otherwise you will need to leave v-e-r-y quickly. Even if you are howling with laughter. (Hey....I never said I was nice.)

No comments:

Post a Comment