Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Random stuff

What's up with brussel sprouts? They're legal on South Beach so I thought I'd give them a try even though my past history with them has not been good. I even went so far as to ask around how to cook them since my mom's always tasted sort of bitter. So, I washed, sliced in half, trimmed and then sauteed them with a little EVOO, salt and pepper, and a little garlic. After they'd cooked a little while, I took a taste test. Ugh. Awful. So, I told myself cooking just a little bit longer was certainly the answer. Nope. Every bit as bad as the first time-- just a little more tender. So, I'm asking you all, what's up with brussel sprouts? Are they supposed to taste funky like that? I am zero for two at this point, and unless someone out there has a foolproof BS recipe, I thinking I'm way over them--as in done. Finito. I fed the rest to the disposal last night. It just made me feel better grinding up those little suckers .

And while I'm blogging on random subjects, Binxman was a total no show last night. He must be all full of attitude since his huffing days are over. His mom and dad removed the gas can or turned it so he can't huff anymore so he's in a bit of a snit. I get it....sort of like me and no chocolate or sugar. Uggggleeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment