Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Haiti holiday

Wow....I just cannot look at anymore coverage of the devastation in Haiti. As a mom, and a nurse, it just makes me crazy. Like everyone else in the world, I want to help and other than pray, and send some money to the relief efforts, that's all I can do. I think part of the reason this makes me soooo crazy is because almost six months ago, my child was hurt and received almost immediate care, that saved his life. I can assure you, there is no more desperate feeling than that of a parent or loved one, staring into the face of your own kid, when his/her life is on the line. Just knowing that Brian was getting the best trauma care available, did a LOT to comfort me. I cannot imagine the trauma parents, family, and especially children must be feeling. Until recently, they could do very little to help even their own children/family/friends. Talk about feeling powerless.... I can hardly wrap my brain around it.

Haiti had squat nothing to start with, and now this?? Ahhhhh...it just makes me ache, so I'm taking a Haiti holiday. That doesn't mean I've forgotten about it or that I won't continue to send prayers. And I'd send more money if my last name was Astor, but it's not, so I have done my part, in the dinero department. Please help if you can. But for the grace of God, it could have been us.
Go to the Clinton Bush Haiti fund site to donate. It's easy.http://www.clintonbushhaitifund.org

No comments:

Post a Comment