Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The deed is done

Well.......yesterday it took a village. And I'm not joking. Good friends, wise friends, people who have been there ahead of me all helped and it's done. My mom's keys are in on the table in the den. I love my sister to death and I knew if I waited for her to get this handled, it would be later rather than sooner. She's busy AND let's face it...who want to have to do this??? That would be nobody.

After counsel with a wise older owl who is one of my most treasured friends, I called my sister and said "can you meet me at 3pm at my house for about 10 minutes....we've got to get this done". Yep....I pulled the pin on the grenade and threw it. I told her this is how I think it should go and then gave her some time to think. After she kibitzed with some wise pals, we met in the middle. It was actually hilarious to me because the wise older owl who scripted for me what we should say, her pals came up with something different, and when she decided she wanted to be "the heavy", she ended up saying my team's script--word for word. Attagirl.
To keep mom's car parked, we are going to put a club on it. Yep...just like we used to do to the boys when they got grounded. It's lots easier than disabling her car and a lot less risky with the computer system most cars have today, according to Crashman. The funniest part? When I called Brian (Crashman) for the scoop on how to disable her car, he's the one that reminded me of the club! "Mom....don't mess with her electrical and computer system...just club her car like you did me." Ohhhhh, yeah. Duh. Since mom could call a locksmith, this isn't foolproof but it will keep her honest, at least for a while. Damnnnnnnnn this is fun. Not.

No comments:

Post a Comment