Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, January 9, 2010

I was this close....


Well.....I had a great idea of what to get Bruce for his birthday but I chickened out. I told him he'd wanted one for ages and had mentioned it a million times. And that it was green. For some reason, he couldn't come up with even the slightest idea of what I was talking about. He guessed a fleece which is weird because I've given him three and he's lost all of them and he knows I'm done on those. Then he guessed something else random. Next I told him I knew he'd enjoy it.....I could just tell. And damned if didn't have to finally just tell him HE WANTS A BIG GREEN EGG (grill/smoker). Well, duh. I can't believe he couldn't come up with that. It was soooo easy.
And then he told me that was manipulative. And I laughed. Uh, huh, yes. Just like when your mom got a horse trailer for Mother's Day-- back when John had Musky (first horse). Bazinga.
(One of these days he's going to quit trying to out think me but I'm not thinking it's going to be anytime soon.)

Man....I had it all planned in my head. I was going to make a big red bow and a sign that said Happy Birthday, Bruce! and take it over to the grill place and snap a picture of it with the Big Green Egg. Then I was going to put it on here. Sort of a big surprise..... but then I knew he'd kill me. Shoot....if I were him, I'd kill me. Soooo, enough on the egg obsession. I'm gonna have to move on, though I do think I would have made a really smokin' egghead.

No comments:

Post a Comment