Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, January 18, 2010

Fed X

I am a FedX hostage. I ordered a cooking gadget over the Internet and now find I have to sign for said item when it's delivered. And since FedX cannot tell me when to be here, here I sit. Now, I was given the option of driving to pick it up at the FedX facility (oh, goodie) and that's what I'll end up doing if I'm not here. I even called to see if my neighbor could sign for it, but oh, no. The scanpan people want ME to sign for it. People....this is a scanpan skillet, not a nuclear warhead. No ricin is involved and I am not on any of the terrorist watch lists, that I know of. So whyyyyyy?? Is there a scanpan cartel operating out there that I need to know about?? Puuuuulease....it's a pan. So, since the lady told me they follow the exact same route for deliveries, it might come around the same time (3:05pm)---plus or minus an hour. Grrrrreat.

OMG.... the FedX guy is out front...... and he's got my box......don't you just love FedX!! Nothing like getting what I want to put me in a grateful mood. Which brings me to yesterday and today's weather. Too fabulous. Sooo good in fact that yesterday I pulled out my inner "trailer park" and put our fire pit on the driveway. Yep....you heard me. Bruce got it going and I dragged out one of our totally disreputable looking chairs (Adirondack rocker with peeling white paint) and sat in the sun. Yes, it was totally wack tacky but big fat deal. Like I care. The dogs came out and sunned themselves on the driveway and cruised the alley, which is a huge deal to them. From my perch, I could "direct" Bruce's tree trimming. Always a good idea--never let a Harris loose on a tree, with trimmers. I have seen some of the results and if you think the TXU guys do an awful job, on purpose (the big V's), you ought to see what a Harris male can do, unintentionally. My job was picking up the crepe myrtle seed pods and branches, and general dog wrangling. I have to keep an eye on Sis outside or she will go over to Freddy's, the adorable male dog's house behind us. Sis isjust a big 'ho....there's no other way to put it. Oh, well. I guess it could be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment