Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, January 31, 2010

The sap must be risin'....



It's must be--because I'm getting back to normal. Shuuuudup to those of you who are saying normal....her??? I am, so get over it. Anyway, my favorite two people from past football commercials, I know are gonna be going at it again--Peyton Manning and Reggie Bush. Oh, it's gonna be so ooooon....it's gonna be on like donkey kong. Just to get myself in the laughing out loud mood, I just googled their NBC promo commercial from a few years back and even Bruce was laughing. Google it and laugh for yourself.
I think Peyton Manning has genius comedic timing...I bet he was murder as an older brother. Evidence?? The old family video (commercial) of Eli as a little boy in his football gear, coming in the back door crying, "Mom.....Peyton hiiiiiit meeeeee". As a mother of boys, I howled. And it's truly been a Super Bowl commercial drought in the last several years so I'm thinking we might just get some good ones, even if they are just in the week leading up to the game. Hell.....that's this next week. Woo hooo. I'm ready! Bring it on.

And then we have the winter Olympics beginning on Feb. 12th--one of my favorite things. For someone who's about as athletic as Ethel Merman, you'd think I was some sort of gifted athlete. I get really into some of it---and then I get bored---or too anxious to watch. All that downhill slalom stuff scares the pee right out of me. I end up all stressed with a stiff neck, since as I watch, I involuntarily scrunch up all my muscles. Ditto ice skating. And the moguls runs where they fly off that ski jump and contort around, is just a big fat No. Can't do it. Not gonna do it. Makes me want to hurl.
And I hate the luge thing because do you even want to know what'll happen to you, if you hit a wall straight on with your feet, going that damn fast? Let's just say your gonna look like one of the munchkins -- forever--even after 15 surgeries. Those people are crazy. Al Roker did it on the Today Show with Matt and said it scared him silly. Maybe that was the two man toboggan.....I don't know. But the point is, maybe I really don't like the Winter Olympics.....maybe it's the summer ones I like. Oh, yeah.....that's it. I like all the water stuff..... and the male swimmers are some rockin' eye candy. Maybe I just like the snow in the Winter Olympics. And the shots of the mountains.....yep. That's it. Oh, well...I'll watch a l-i-t-t-l-e.

No comments:

Post a Comment