Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, February 1, 2010

Magazines...so many...so little time...

I have to admit it--I just love magazines. They are better than a quick 48 hour vacation and there's no packing involved. The only problem is, they either make me want to totally redo my house or cook. (I like to garden, but not when its cold.) And they inspire the heck out of me for a good 20-30 whole minutes. I always think that I want to move somewhere after reading or looking at some place. The only problem is, after I'm through reading or looking at all the neat pictures of one place, I see someplace else. Or, I like all three places and can only be in one at a time. I think I just like too many things and my built in screener, that should weed things out, doesn't. And then my brain gets congested with all this .......stuff.

Which brings me to something I hate and I'm usually not a hater. I don't get a hate on for many things, but this one is just deserving. I hate mascara and pantyhose---the uncomfortable nude kind that are so old school. And mascara is just gross. It makes your eyelashes get all crispy and crusty and then it flakes--in your eyes, underneath your eyes, everywhere. And taking it off is just THE WORST. You have to use some kind of gooo to get it liquefied so it'll come off, and then half your eye lashes come out wiping off the goo. I thought the point was to make your eyelashes look longer--not make them fall out.

And panty hose....omg. First they feel like sandpaper against your legs. And then they contort you into some sort of abnormal human shape squeezing you like a tube of toothpaste, with a crotch that either grabs or sags. Whyyyyyyyyyy?? I just flat refuse to wear them. They are a medieval form of torture. Whew....I feel soooo much better getting that out.

And FYI: DO NOT google panty hose pictures unless you are prepared to hit some really disturbing sites.....whoa. I did not see that coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment