Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, February 8, 2010

Dottie Cat


Well, I have great news to report. Atmos rang our doorbell at 10:45pm and re lit everything so it's toasty and we have hot water. Much to be grateful for...all it takes is just one of these minor little events to remind me just how great I have it. Heat? Check. Hot water? Check. Food? Check. And the Saints won, so woo hoo on that. Frankly, I would have been fine if the Colts had won but the Saints win just made for such a better rags to riches type story. And Drew Brees is cuter than Peyton Manning anyway. Seriously. So that's that.

I have assigned myself the task of Cat therapist for my friend's cat (the one whose husband died). She is highly allergic to cats so Dottie (gender confused male cat--they thought he was a girl until they took HIM to have HIM spayed. Uh, no...that would be neutered.) Anyway, since her husband took care of Dottie, I am going to pay him a condolence call. I'm taking kitty treats, maybe some catnip, and a brush since in his grief, his fur hasn't been looking to good. Depression will do that...suddenly you just don't care how you look --especially to the other neighborhood cats. Plus, he's getting pretty old so grooming is just not top of his list anymore. He's a strictly outside guy since my friend is so allergic but he has his own cat condo in the tool room, complete with a kitty door and a heater. His cat crib is pretty deeee-luxe. If it doesn't quit raining, this visit may have to wait until tomorrow. Getting wet was not part of the deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment