Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Well, hell...


At least it would be warmer there. I awoke this morning to dogs barking and a brisk 60 degrees in our house. As I went to let the puppies out, I grabbed my coat and gave the thermostat a big old shove. Fine. No response. Nuttin'. Next came a lovely wake up call to my partner that we had no heat. After checking the breakers, we thought things might be OK but boy, were we wrong. Now, as I sit typing this, I am clutching my coffee for warmth, in my coat, over my pj's, waiting for the Atmos Energy man. And a second Atmos Energy truck just went flying--past our house. Notice I said past--with his lights blinking. Once again....aw, hell. And they said we couldn't start a fire in the fireplace either. And maybe that does make sense since the gas seems to be the problem but awwwww, hellllll. It's cold.
If this nonsense continues, I may just have to spend the day in bed, under the covers with my puppies, watching TV and reading. Bruce wants me to call our neighbor and ask "if she has gas"...somehow I think I need to rephrase that. Seems a little "personal", don't you think??

No comments:

Post a Comment