Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

31 years ago

Thirty one years ago today, I got married to someone I thought I loved. Notice I said thought. I had no clue what love was back then. I thought I did--but I didn't. I do now. There is no one on the planet I'd rather be with, standing hip to hip with in a foxhole, than my partner. He is my rock. He is also the funniest person I know. He can make me laugh harder, longer, and can make me madder than a snake, all at the same time. That, folks, is talent. He is Ricky Ricardo to my Lucy; Fred Mertz to my Ethel. Lots of Fred Mertz.
His nick name is Mr. Activity--he's always got to be doing something. And he has "costumes"--for everything. He has his "hunting" costumes--several-- depending on if it's hot or cold, and what he's hunting. Then there's his Going to the Ranch hick costume, that comes complete with the occasional "howdy, ma'am", as he packs. His yard work get up is a family favorite and legend, now that he finally retired the old favorite Target shorts that were Dayglo green. The boys still scream over those. And last but not least, there is his Snack Man costume. That would be the late evening, watching TV in the kitchen "costume", and I'll just let you figure that one out yourself.
He is the most generous and wisest guy I know. He seldom reveals himself to most people and in some ways, I'm grateful for that. Nobody really knows what I have, except me. And if I had it to do all over again, I'd pick him again. And again. And AGAIN. Lucky me.

5 comments:

  1. For all of us romantics, please, please tell again what your superhubby did for you on your 30th. I never get tired of hearing it. Happy happy anniversary to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I tell it again, he'll kill me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of Fred Mertz? I was hoping for Brad Pitt or George Clooney.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cute. very cute. All the Harris' boys are in the Fred Mertz category. Sorry Bruce. At least you aren't Howdy Doody. K

    ReplyDelete