Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Avatar...omg


Oooooo, lordy the fun just continues here at Fun City. My brother took mom to church this morning and she proceeded to slip and hit her head, right between her eyes, on the entry doors (the big old heavy ones, wouldn't you know) at St. Michael's. He called me and I met him at Presbyterian ER to get her stitched up. Once I determined she was OK, and told him what to do, I left Superman to handle all the details. Hey...this was his mess--not mine. I do enough mopping up as it is, thank you very much. It doesn't take both of us to wait with her and if I know him, he'd have tried to dump it on me anyway. That's his usual MO--he just vaporizes. If he sees an out, he's g-o-n-e. But not this time.

I just took tortilla soup (second batch) and white chicken chili over to her and some Neosporin and hydrogen peroxide to do her suture care tomorrow. I swear, she looks just like one of the characters from Avatar--all blue and green with a flat swollen place between her eyes, that widens out her nose by her eyes. She's going to look really snazzy tomorrow when her eyes turn black and blue underneath and the swelling amps up. She's been icing it from the start but you can only do so much--especially at 82. I'm grateful it wasn't worse because it sure could have been. Holy cow.

No comments:

Post a Comment