Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, February 22, 2010

A mom's manipulation....food!

I just had to get my mom thing on today and see Crashman, so I lured him over with the promise of dinner--one of his favorites. Pork chalupas with beans wrapped in a warm, soft flour tortilla, all doctored up with grated cheese, salsa, chopped green onion, and guacamole. He was a no go on the sour cream as he's trying to keep his girlish figure. He's in the kitchen now snarfing down his third one. When it gets cold outside, he usually calls and asks me to make him chili or chalupas, and since they had those big old pork roast things on sale, w-e-l-l, out came the crock pot yesterday, amidst all the other drama. And he chased the chalupas with some cake bites from Bruce's cousin, Addie Beth, who dropped off a "chocolate fix" this afternoon. I can hear him loading up a "travel pack" to take home, since tomorrow we might have snow. And you never know when you'll need a chalupa fix. I'm thinking it'll probably happen about 10pm tonight while he's watching TV. Snow and chalupas? Well, yeah.
I don't know what it is about seeing him or Benji, but sometimes I just have to. They just make me laugh and want to squeeze them. And I love how they smell...it's a man smell but also very Harris. Just deeeelish. I can even smell them in their clothes. Occasionally, I'll run a load of laundry for either of them, fold them, and there it is....their smell. Everyone has one.... and theirs is just the best. Guess it's a mom thing but I've always been a big smeller.

I went by and did mom's suture care today and she looked even more swollen, and her knee was puffy--it took a pretty good hit, too, though no stitches. I told her I'd remove her sutures for her on Friday and she asked me "can you do that ?" and I told her "yes"... Luckily, I had my back to her so I could indulge in a big old eye roll. I had lots of practice on Brian's right arm when Parkland didn't get all of them out. Ahhhh, the good old days.

2 comments:

  1. Yep, you've been smellin' on those boys since they were babies. You used to tell me that they smelled like bread baking when you tucked them in at night. I'd go smell the sleeping B boys, and marvel at how observant you were! Mmmmmm sweet memories. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you remember that!! So funny!

    ReplyDelete