Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, February 28, 2010

How do you spell relief?

It's been a rough week but given enough time and prayer, things have worked out just fine, like they always do. It's such a comfort (and relief) to know God's job is the world, and mine is just me-- and not the reverse. Me getting those confused can result in an really bad outcome--for everyone.
My sister and I made an appointment to look at "alternative housing" for mom, and one with a higher level of care. We have not discussed this with her, so don't go global with this yet (ie. shut yer trap 'til I tell ya) , but I will say, how do you spell relief? Assisted Living. Mom was just not there earlier last year with her initial move, but she's screamin' downhill towards it now, and my sister and I get that. Big time.
Thank heaven for my sister, since doing this alone would be a lot harder (and doing it with my brother would just be exponentially impossible--to the tenth power--but that's another story.) We've gotten the ball rolling and though my sister and I both feel sadness, mine is less than hers--right now. What do I know about feelings? They can change at any time and usually do, when you least expect them to. Sort of a sadness hit and run. Or, a teary ten car pile up. My sister calls it the "Big Boo Hoo". She had hers Saturday morning and I am still waiting for mine--if it happens at all. Sometimes I just don't puddle up... maybe because I journal it out here. Don't know. A friend I discussed this with told me I was "tougher than my sister".... and all I could think of was "well.... gee... thanks for sharing". I felt like an old battle axe for the rest of the afternoon. She may be right....I just couldn't figure out how that sounded the least bit like a compliment exactly, thank you very much.
Mom's sutures are out but she still wouldn't get out Saturday to the "Hair Hut"--she said she still looked too bad. I a-l-m-o-s-t popped off that clean hair might be an improvement, but I didn't. Sometimes I can hardly resist throwing gasoline on a spark.

No comments:

Post a Comment