Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, February 5, 2010

Oh, Happy Day!!

The sun is out. I'd almost forgotten what it looked like. And it's a right delightful afternoon since the little red-headed Jeffrey Dahmer wannabe across the street maid took his air horn away from him. Hmmm...I just thought I had a headache before. Now I really do. This is the same little boy who shot two of our windows with his BB gun. This is same BB gun that was only to be used in his backyard, I guess so he could only shoot out his own windows, instead of the neighbors. Unfortunately for him, his older sister ratted him out having seen him in the front yard, with Mr. BB gun. Boys will be boys....

My sister and I decided to be sweet girls and take mom out to lunch today at one of her favorite places, Highland Park Pharmacy. We figured it was not only a nice thing to do but even with her dementia, she couldn't possibly do anything inappropriate in a place full of kids and old people. And she did fine--she just had a minor problem with her chocolate "sofa" (soda). It had so much ice cream stuck around the top that when she tried to put in her straw, it practically erupted. The rapid eye contact between my sister and I was hilarious and mom kept right on working on her chocolate soda, totally oblivious to us. We mopped up the spill and got her a saucer (our waitress was new and still learning the ropes ) so lunch went fine. You just can't beat a good old tuna or chicken salad on wheat all the way or a palm beach (pimento cheese). Some people reading this will order a goose liver from time to time, but they don't get to kiss me for a week if they do. Ughhhh. Nasty.
My sister took care of the check while I took mom back to the back to get two to go containers-- one of chicken salad, one of pimento cheese--- for mom to snarf on over the weekend or during the Super Bowl. When we asked her about the Super Bowl and if she was going to watch she said enthusiastically, "Of course...I want the Bengals to win!" Allrighty then....moving right along. I did not dare even glance at my sister..... we were trying so hard not to laugh as it was.
And, yes, I came straight home and made appointments with nearby facilities to tour them and start moving ahead, for mom. Dang...she IS funny, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment