Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Noise....and gore....see ya

I'm just going to go ahead and say it: I'm having noise issues. Constant clammmmmmmmmer or even loud background TV noise... drives... me... nuts. Sometimes I like to cook with background Smooth Jazz or Watercolors- (channel 851 & 850) and for the first 5-7 minutes or so, it's all real good. By the 10-15 minute mark, I'm going into agitation mode--a freakness is coming. Once I kill the music, I'm back to normal. Maybe I'm just easily overstimmed--I think maybe that's it because I feel the same way in huge crowds with high noise levels, and if it's a big hen party where everyone is screeching, I will hit the door running. Maybe it's being in my 50's--hell....I don't know. All I know is, if you want me to go home, turn up the volume--on anything. I'm a quiet loving gal--no question about it.

And now for a quick side bar on the Olympics: what in the world were they thinking showing that video of the luge guy's death? Gore much, people? Hello...he has a family that just might find that action horrendously horrifying and unspeakably callous, and in slow-mo??? Well, yeah....that really helped a lot. Breaking it down, frame by frame, for the impact was sheer genius, no?? Yes, they yanked it of the air after showing it, but his family still knew they'd shown it, and his father was even asked if he had seen it. Please....has our "need to know" super ceded our common sense, decency, and compassion? I guess it has. Luckily for me, I missed it---I've seen enough gore to last me a lifetime and wouldn't have watched anyway. G-a-g. I guess it's no different than rubber necking on the highway...and I don't get into that either. Yeesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment