Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, February 12, 2010

Sister for sale--Free

Well.....I just returned from my errand of mercy. My sister was supposed to go check on mom this morning--her idea. Since I hadn't gotten a "report" by about 1:15pm, I had a really sneaky suspicion she never went. Dontcha just hate having really good intuition when you know you are gonna have to go do someone elses dirty work, since if you don't, your conscience is going to bug you senseless? And definitely when you already know the news is not gonna be good, and it's your mom, so now you have to go......welcome to my world. Come sit over here by me. Ahhhhhh. So I went. And, of course it wasn't good news and, yes, I'm glad I went. Her power was totally off, including her phone and it didn't occur to her to use her cell phone. Swell.

I walked right into her building since the electricity was off--a big fat zero on the security. Once the second door closed behind me, it was darker than God's pocket. I mean it.... I couldn't see my hand in front of my face. I can only imagine if mom had gotten locked out somehow...hell...it was scary to me and I'm not a wuss. Anyway, I pounded on her front door and told her it was me, since finding the doorbell a la braille wasn't working real well and I couldn't see to get my key in the lock. Here's the wild part: she had been sitting in her TV room, with no heat and no TV on, in her robe, nightie, & slippers for no telling how long, I guess waiting for someone to come find her and rescue her. And she hadn't eaten breakfast or lunch. Nuttin'.
I got her taken care of and out of there but it just made me wonder about all the other little old people who don't have family or friends to check on them. Or even injured people...I guess as long as you have a cell or remember to use it, you are probably OK....maybe.

And my sister?? She is soooo busted and she knows it. Every one of her excuses was just lame-o and she knew I knew it--'cause I told her so. Sisters. Mine's for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment