Blog Patrol Counter

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Yummmmmmalicious


I am still in my pj's, drinking coffee at my computer, and just hanging. (Don't tell the Warden...he'll kill me). Oh, my lord.....who knew life could be this good on a rainy cold Thursday. If I had my way, I'd stay just like this all day but I do have some errands to do, so I guess I'll have to give this up at some point. But some days, you just need to call in old, or tired, or whatever and take a personal day. I once called in "old" to my boss telling her I was not sick--I was just whipped, and she laughed so hard, she told everybody at the office. Oh, well. Sometimes you just have to do it.
I did have "a moment" yesterday evening when I just went over the wall--that would be the CHOCOLATE wall, in specific. I had just had E- freaking-nuf of South Beach and decided to make my friend Adre's, friend Louise's, Chocolate Fudge Pudding Cake.
It's like a gooey chocolate brownie or molten chocolate cake and takes a big fat 5 minutes to throw together. Then you can cook it to be how ever you like it--I'm about a medium goo girl. I like the edges to be a little crusty, after it cools somewhat but not thick. Think chocolate souffle consistency. Think death by chocolate and dying with a big ole smile on your face, with a spoon in your hand. And the best part is, I did not get any comments from the diet Warden. He didn't even give me the rolled eyes or the "Nooooo-dul" like he usually does when I've gone AWOL. Nope. He grabbed a spoon and went right after it with me. I even threw a dixie cup of Blue Bell vanilla ice cream on mine, and the rest was pure heaven. Hey,..... go big or go home.

And since now all of you are droooooling, I'm gonna include the recipe here so your pants will all be too tight tomorrow, too. Hey, it's the least I can do for friends.

Recipe: Fudge Chocolate Pudding Cake

Mix together: 4 eggs , 2 cups sugar, 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup good cocoa, 1 tsp. good vanilla extract

Add: 1 cup (I used less-1 1/2 sticks) melted, cooled butter & 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
(I toasted mine, first)
Bake: 350 degress for 30 minutes in lightly greased 8x8 " pan (20-25 min. if you want it nice and gooey) Bake until it looks done around the edges but still jiggles in the center.

Serve: with whipped cream, ice cream, or eat it straight from the pan!

Doubles easily; just adjust the cooking time. Can be poured into individual ramekins--adjust cooking time.

2 comments:

  1. And you didn't send the leftovers with the Warden to work because there wasn't any left over to send???

    ReplyDelete
  2. No...actually there was some left. And I JUST ATE IT--with the WARDEN. Deeelish.

    ReplyDelete