Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, February 12, 2010

Oh, baby...ain't this grand


Well, helloooooo Fairy Land. And thank goodness for electricity. Ours is on and that's the best news I could have today. Our wonderful Maria called and I could tell she was totally relieved when I told her to stay home. Shoot... no job's (nothing is) worth crashing your car over. I remember back in my hospital days, a certain manager always acted like suuuuch a martyr anytime there was bad weather. She practically nailed herself to the cross --that was always just her total MO--and several of us used to sit in my office drinking coffee, laughing, & taking turns being her, acting out her schtik. I never said we were nice-- but boy, we sure were fun. We would laugh until we cried... Ahhh, the good old days.

I just looked out the window, across the street, to see the neighbors two dogs out in the snow. The yellow lab was fine but their beagle just sank. He just now figured out he has to keep jumping not to totally disappear. Their skinny old cat is out there & looks flat out miserable. Tom and Hank, my two block boy favorites, just walked by (in the street) with their mom, Kelly. They are the ones that fell in love a few years back, with my plug in Jack-o-lantern and used to redecorate my front porch daily, moving him around. Kelly was worried I'd care. I told her they could do whatever they wanted with it, including take it home. We've been pals ever since. The bad news? Their house is on the market. With the real estate market down, they are hoping to move up. Rats.

Lots of trees and tree branches are down around us. Should make for an interesting and busy weekend. One guy a block or so over was already out with his chain saw this morning. That's a l-i-t-t-l-e too type A for me, thank you. Have another cup of coffee, dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment