Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, January 29, 2010

The blahs....


I've got 'em. And I have a sadness hangover something awful from last Thursday & Friday's events. Wow...loss of someone just does not go away quickly even when you are just a friend. Yuuuuuck. Plus, my housekeeper called and her son is sick. Not to mention she sounded awful also. She may have been up half the night with him and, boy, can I relate to those days. The Crashman days have had an impact on me I will never forget. Speaking of Crashman, he came by yesterday since it was Bruce's 56th birthday. Sorry, Bruce....I just had to put the number out there. Anyway, I'm aware I totally adored him before his motorcycle crash but now it's different. When I see him, there's a closeness there that I honestly have to say was not there before. There is an indescribable connection now that I never had with him as a little boy, and especially not as a teenager.

I now know exactly who he is and he knows exactly who I am. Warts and all. But even more than that, there is a sharing and a closeness between us--big and small--that I think was only forged through almost losing him. Benji and I have always been close probably because we are a lot alike--we could lock eyes across a room and know exactly what the other one was thinking (and struggle to keep from laughing). And now it's Brian and me. Isn't life interesting???

The long and short of it is, I've noticed since last weeks horror, I want to keep my world smaller, my loved ones closer, my dogs and my cat right by me. I don't need millions of dollars to be happy, and I sure don't need "stuff". Small is good. Simple is good.

1 comment: