Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

South Beach Broccoli Soup


As a newly committed South Beacher (again) , I decided to make the broccoli soup for Phase 1. On reflection, I now remember making it before ages ago, but did not leave myself a note in my Supercharged Cook book NEVER TO MAKE IT AGAIN. If the color didn't get you, the flavor or lack of flavor, sure did. Now, I remember when I made it the first time, it got a frothy gray scum on the top as it cooked. No kidding.

And I understand why diets don't want you to add much salt, but they might as well just tell you this soup is going to taste like trash no matter what you try to do to it UNLESS you add more salt. And even then, it was closely akin to pond scum. Think of a turtle tank minus the turtle. With broccoli as the algae. And then you puree it in the blender and that's when the party starts. Oh, yeah. It turns into this noxious green slime and nowhere does it remind you to put a cup towel over the blender as you blend or to only fill the blender half way. Luckily, this wasn't my first rodeo with blended soup so it did not fly all over the kitchen but even half full, it erupted out of the blender. N-i-c-e. And then they want you to eat this stuff. So, I'm movin' on to another soup. And this time the broccoli slime soup is getting a big old X with a black Marksalot. Never again. Ever.

Woo hoo....welcome, Hallie!!!

1 comment:

  1. http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/health/diet/soup-diet-basic-recipe-1007

    Try this and its variations. Delish and super healthy. Dr Oz approved! Takes no time to make; all the slicin' and dicin' burns a few cals; freezes well. No more gray green frothy sludge for you, girlfriend.

    ReplyDelete