Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday...finally!

I'm on my second cup of coffee so forgive me if I'm not totally with the program yet.  Is it just me, or does anyone else out there want us to just pop Kim Jong Un and stop all this missile nonsense.  He strikes me as a fat little bully who thinks this is a video game instead of real life.  I know it's not right to pop everyone we don't like or who isn't doing life our way, but I still wanna. 

My glasses arrived yesterday and I'm delighted with them and boy, can I see better.  Same RX--just more seeing space and new lenses.  I think after awhile the anit-reflective coating on lenses heads south and considering how old mine were, that's no jive.  Since my new ones have a bigger visual area, it's almost like having your eyes "fixed"-- until you take them off.  Then it's back to reality.

I have to announce here to non-family what will take place in Kansas City on May 18th, 2013.  My precious niece, Austin Dennard, will become......drum roll, please.....Dr. Austin Dennard.  I know......what a
milestone.  She will come here to UT-Southwestern to do her OB/GYN residency and I am just busting the drawstring on my scrubs for her.  For awhile it sounded like she might do Emergency Med or even general Surgery but I think those thoughts flew out the window with all the baby catching and OB/Gyn surgery she got to do. Here she's pictured with a friend and check out her cool spec's.  Love those!

Finally, my condolences to Julie Wilson, a FB and a blog friend I've known since grade school whose mom passed away yesterday from Alzheimer's.  Julie is one of the first people who supported me way back, when I shared about my mom and my struggles with this damn disease.  Hugs to Julie and her family.

Happy weekend to all.


No comments:

Post a Comment