Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Chocolate Almond heaven

Man, oh man....lots going on.  Now that Father's day is in the can, this next week hits the real gas.  One of my niece's begins her Residency in OB/gyn here at UTSW, another is scheduled to have a baby, another one is doing the final pack up to move to NOLA, and another one is at the beach with my favorite small people.  The word on the last bunch is they plan to visit the Duck Dynasty warehouse on their trip back from the beach and I'm counting on video and lots of pic's of that little endeavor.

My pal Jodi comes in early Monday morning from Flagstaff to pack up her house for the movers and will be back to close again in a few weeks--or at least that's how I think it's going to roll.  Another friend had a hip replacement, had a complication and had to go back to surgery to fix the problem, so it's been a real fun weekend for her.  Another friend (and former Harris relative) dad died, and my sympathies go out to Ann on her loss. 

I had the not so brilliant idea to watch Anna Karenina on DVD and let's just say I am 1 for 3 in the movie department this weekend.  That one must have gone straight to DVD.  Flight, with Denzel Washington, was good and John Goodman was hilarious as Denzel's drug dealer-- if a drug dealer can be seen as funny.  Sure makes you wonder how many pilots fly impaired but then the same could be said for just about any job.  Doctors, attorneys, air traffic controllers, bus drivers--you name it--it happens.

On a culinary note, in a weak moment, I made the no cook chocolate almond ice cream from the Southern Living (2004) recipe I found online.  You knew I was going to.  Lord, love me it killed and was so easy it was ridic.  Anybody planning to make ice cream for the 4th, let me know if you want the recipe.  And, if you don't have one of the Cuisinart ice cream makers, get one.  Those babies are life altering.  Here's a pic of how it looks and if you think it looks good, imagine how it tastes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment