Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, June 3, 2013

Movie weekend

While my quiche finishes up doing it's thing in the oven I thought I might blog a minute.  I watched two good movies this weekend and if you are up to speed on your movie viewing, don't even read this because you saw these ages ago and I'm just now getting to them but then that's just how my life is sometimes.  First, I watched the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel and while it wasn't at all what I thought it was going to be, I still liked it.  Sort of a metaphor for real life.   Two of my Downton Abbey gal pals were in it and that made it fun and anytime I can watch Dame Judy Dench read a menu out loud, you can count me in.  Ditto Dame Maggie Smith. 

In Best Exotic I loved seeing the people who coped and the ones who found peace and joy in their situation, and the ones who just couldn't let go of their negativity--no matter what. I've always wondered what makes some people seekers and others not.  I'm thinking it's determined by your own personal FEAR level and how you cope with it, that determines your particular outcome.  Choices based on/in fear seldom work out well.  You may learn a lot but it's generally not a fun ride.  People who aren't in touch with themselves will have no clue what the hell I'm talking about here and that's OK.  If you do, good on you and come on over here and sit by me, and let's talk.  I will cop to feeling a little (ok... a LOT) claustrophobic in the crush of people in India and the noisy traffic scenes, so now you know one of mine.  If you'll just pass the curry, though, I'll be OK.

Next I watched Salmon Fishing in the Yemen and loved it.  I found both movies to have a very spiritual message and similiar in some ways.  Good triumphs over evil, guy gets girl, love is love no matter how you slice and dice it, and mean girl(s) get the hook.  I simply loved everything about Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, including living like the Sheik.  The photography was splendid and working for him (and spending his moola on his ideas) would have been a blast.  He was a really spiritual man and I liked him.

Last night, Benji and Andrea and I did Face Time with my phone for the first time.  We had both forgotten about calling until Benji texted me to be sure I was still up.  It took me a few minutes to figure out how best to hold the phone--techy I am not--but hands down the funniest was Fred's reaction (Sci-Fi nerdy) when I hollered to him to come talk. Benji and I were texting back and forth about it this morning, laughing.  We'll be there this time next week but seeing them-- from now on-- is just the best. 


No comments:

Post a Comment