Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Stuff I know

Here's what I know today.  Today I know that what ever is supposed to happen, will.  I can do everything or nothing to prevent what's meant to be and it's still going to happen.  That's why I've decided it's just easier to go with the flow and ask in my prayers for "the right thing" to happen.  I can get specific if I want: color, make, model, destination, event, etc., but usually that's just for fun.  I'm not fatalistic--I just honestly believe something greater than me has got my back.  That power is going to do what ever is best for me no matter what. 

I don't need to worry, sweat, angst, or anything else.  I just need to focus on where I am this moment and do, focused, what I need to do next--no matter what that is.  If I choose to get all yikesed out, I burn a LOT of energy I could really use later.  No amount of sweat has ever been worth the energy I've burned unless I was on the treadmill-- and that was my intent.  Otherwise, no way.

It's just not worth the drama, the headache, the hassle.  I'd lots rather have fun, be me in the moment, and just see what a power greater than me has in store for me.  Today I know to enjoy my life.  IF something works out, I can promise you it's not because of anything I've done to make it happen.  If it doesn't, it's because there's something else down the road waiting for me that's even better.

My job is just to suit up, show up, and do the deal.  The results are not up to me.  And as Martha Stewart would say, "that's a good thing".

Happy Sunday to all and now, pass the fried chicken!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment