Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The Business of MORE

I was just thinking about wanting MORE--whatever that might be for you. More money, more cars, a bigger house, etc. You know what I'm talking about. The "gimme's". Before, when I've thought about MORE, I've never really considered what having MORE really means--I've only thought about the "stuff". I never realized before that with MORE, you actually get MORE--of everything. Good and not so good. With MORE, you have more responsibility, more employees to protect and take care of all my MORE, MORE decisions, MORE requests, MORE "friends" . More accountants, more assistants, more meetings, even when/ if I'm using all that MORE for good things. And don't think for a second MORE isn't a business. It is. Whether you like it or not. It is.
Yeah, the Gulf Stream jet would be fun, the vacations homes would rock, and the philanthropy would REALLY light my hair on fire, but at what price?? Less freedom than I currently enjoy, less responsibility, less anonymity, less privacy. Pretty quickly it becomes clear that with MORE, you actually have LESS.
I'd LOTS rather have what I currently have, and I guess I just never realized what a trap MORE could be.

No comments:

Post a Comment