Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Funeral plans...and Kate G.

Got any? Me, either, but after watching CBS News Sunday morning, I'm thinking it might be a good idea. Specifically, they had a thing on caskets--and not just any old caskets. These were over the top. There was the double one for two that looked like it came with everything except room service, the one shaped like a green onion for the mom who was a terrific gardener, and an eagle with folding wings, (to fit into the burial hole) for someone so inclined. Side bar:There's also some guy in North Texas buried in his favorite car which just seems odd to me. That just seems like a waste of a car but whatever.
All I could think of was three Harris males trying to decide what to bury ME in. A large cake pan? (since I do like to cook) A giant coffee filter? ( since I do love coffee) Now, I'm as eco friendly as the next person so I've had to re-think my burial idea. I've always told Bruce and the boys that I wanted to be "char-barred"(cremated), and then put in a zip lock bag to later be sprinkled where ever I decided. At first it was going to be in a few special spots in Estes Park and they were supposed to go, take me, and make a fun trip out of it. Now, I'm having to re- think the zip lock idea. Not very eco friendly. A paper sack, maybe?? And what about airport security?? How do you explain "that's my wife/mother inside this sack, so don't spill her"....wellllllll......they may just have to drive.

And if for some reason you missed the final of DWTS last night, and Kate Gosselin's l-a-s-t attempt at dancing, go on line and watch it. I had left the room for a second and when I returned, I thought for a second she was just walking to her place to start the dance. Uh, noooooo....not so much. She was actually almost to the end of her walk, and if her performance doesn't slay you, watching Tom Bergeron and Brook Burke try not to laugh hysterically afterwards, will. Best laugh I've had in ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment