Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday

The weekend's almost here and since I know everyone will have a lot going on, I'm posting early. Two dear friends are having surgery today and I am sending my love and prayers to both. You go, gals. Let's getter dun'!!
One is having "elective" surgery after losing 100 pounds and has asked me to be there, and I'm going. I can't stay for the whole procedure (5 hours) because coincidentally, today is also the FINAL move of mom's stuff out of her condo. So, I'll be at the hospital at 6 AM for my pal, shag to mom's around 8:30 AM to meet the trucks (yep, 2 of them) , follow one of them to my house to unload some things and move a few things I can't move, and then if necessary, shag back to Presby. Meanwhile, I'll be waiting for an update on my other pal, whose surgery is right nearby as well. I'm going to drop dinner off to her house mid afternoon so I'll get the scoopage then. Her sister will be with her or I'd have to go lie down on a copier somewhere to clone myself, since I'd want to be with her as well. Truthfully, I don't think the world needs two of me. One is almost too much sometimes. Just ask Fred. He knows.

We are off to the Farm Saturday with some friends we haven't seen in literally ages, never mind their oldest is one of my Godchildren. They are the kick back, put your feet up, and laugh your fanny off types where nothing is ever a big deal. I have some hilarious stories about the four of us that I'll have to share sometime. I included the stories in a cook book I wrote for the boys, Shut up and Cook, that ended up going out to most of my side of the family--nieces and nephews, who wanted a copy. One of my nieces found the stories rather enlightening and very entertaining, and wanted to know if I knew any on her mom, my sister. I had to take the 5th on that one. I'm not touching that.

Shooooweee...Sister got in some kind of trouble last night with her Daddy. Apparently there was some kind of voice command failure on her part--an act of "squirrel drop" defiance. By the third voice command to drop it, she finally got thumped on the lip and still hung on to her kill. That girl is playin' with fire. The tug of war that thus ensued was nasty and I hit the den door pronto. Their kill count for the week is now up to three and I think she may have to get put on hunting probation until her manners improve. And truth be told, I'm tired of finding dead squirrels in the trash cans. Yick.

Happy Memorial Day to all and keep it safe!

For some reason, this did not post, as scheduled.

1 comment:

  1. Best medicine in the world - a visit, big hug and yummy meal from my Princess Warrior Friend! Te agradezco muchisimo. A

    ReplyDelete