Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Projects


For someone who earlier today was ready for the lazy pace of summer, we have about killed ourselves today with projects. Since it was my morning to get up with the puppies, naturally Wiggles started his wake up bark at 5:45 am. I stalled him for an hour but after that, he wasn't buying, and I was afraid he'd wake up Fred.

Today, we have been on a roll. We have moved my large wall hanging board in the Utility Room from one wall to another in hopes of installing more shelves for cookbooks and an appliance garage or just a general de-clutterer space for more storage. Mission complete? Check. We are still deciding on what kind of shelving we want--Elfa or Home Depot's knock off--and exactly how we want it configured. Read: work in progress. Next was a trip to Home Depot for hanging gear from my hanging baskets pictured and new black out shades for our bedroom windows. I also had to get more potting soil, the fern, (a steal at 19.99 and huge!) and other needed items. Home we trudged and while Fred hung the shades inside, I started planting the baskets. On the driveway. In the sun. Chasing Sister constantly. I finally got all three done and if you are so inclined to try this, peanut packing stuff works great for filler at the bottom of the baskets, with potting soil on top, so they aren't so freaking heavy. Whew. Ready for hanging. Enter Fred. L-O-T-S of cussing. Two different ladders, all kinds of contraptions, and an electric drill, but they are up. Still cussing, though hanging is complete. All hanging baskets watered. Check.

Since I just wasn't quite sweaty enough, I finished planting the rest of my pots I wanted to devote to caladiums, and watered them in, as Fred started his OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) weed pulling. Then I gave two of my big basil pots m-a-j-o-r haircuts and brought the basil inside to become basil mayonnaise and possibly a small container of pesto, tomorrow.

Finally, since I'll soon be receiving some large items from mom's estate, I don't even have the nerve to tell Fred what needs doing next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment