Blog Patrol Counter

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Passion



Yesterday I was reading an article on following your passion, listening to your your gut, and being willing to try new experiences if it's something you truly want to do. Forget what anyone else thinks--just do it. Then, Bruce tells me about one of his good friends who got up early this morning to catch a flight to Tokyo, with his wife, for a week long bicycle riding trip around the city. This guy is the essence of cool, hip, fun, and quirky, as is his wife. They are both arty to the max, live in Oak Cliff, and have their lives together in an almost enviable way. Although I am personally passionate about not riding a bicycle all around Tokyo, I can hardly wait to hear about their trip. If cool fun stuff is going to happen, you can bet they'll be right smack in the middle of it.

Then yesterday, as Bruce and I were both reading our emails, we each find a coupon for $80 off a sky diving opportunity. Really? Knowing the mere thought of doing something like that will render me totally comatose, Bruce can't wait to suggest we do it. Talk about being passionate and listening to your gut....I am almost in a fetal position merely thinking about hurtling myself out of a plane, dependent on a flimsy parachute for my very survival. And yes, there's the tandem jump. No thank, ya. And he wouldn't do it either. He just has to torture me.

Right now, here's what I'm passionate about: Summer. I'm ready for the relaxed pace and laid back atmosphere that just screams summer. I'm ready for leisurely reads and staying inside where it's cool and shady, in the heat of the day..... bathing the dogs outside on the driveway so they can air dry in the sun and watering pots in the early morning.
Icy cold drinks just seem to taste better in summer, lite dinners are fresher and somehow taste more nutritious. And the fresh vegetables....unbeatable. Weekend trips to the Farmer's Market for Mrs. Lemley's tomatoes, cantaloupe, and baby new potatoes and Central Market for Frederiksburg peaches are as much a part of summer as July 4th fireworks. And making ice cream....oh, lordy. Yep...it's definitely time for summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment