Blog Patrol Counter

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Hadley v Nick Nolte


Just when I thought life was about to get boring, I sat down to my computer, with my coffee, to this. It's from my niece and she happened to mention to her older brother, Harrison (Uncle Lizard), that this particular picture of Hadley looked like Nick Nolte. Since they work together, I can only imagine the screaming and laughing that ensued but here's what Harrison managed with a little creative computering. It's gonna take a little while for me to mop up all the coffee I spit but it was worth it.

And speaking of funny little short people, I needed a love connection something awful so yesterday afternoon, I ran by to see the love monkeys. I don't know what it is about little kids that makes them so damn funny but these just are. They met me at the front door and Hadley immediately wanted "up", with arms raised to me--OK...if that doesn't melt ya somethings really wrong with you and Hudson was all smiles wanting to know if I knew how old he was. I showed him four fingers and passed that test with flying colors. Whew. Next came the back & arm scratching/tickling that makes them suddenly silent and get that far away dreamy look in their eyes......my great aunt used to tickle my back until her arms would fall off and then I still beg for more. Next we played with Hudson's Batman (3) and Robin (1) action figures, each with their own bat mobile/ helicopter thingy. Shoot...I don't know what to call them but Had has learned from Hudson how to make "guy noises" like they are taking off and I almost bit my tongue off, laughing.

Lastly, Hudson decided to go outside in the backyard and "water" and we all know good and well what that translates into and yep, it happened. Hadley was standing right near the wall of windows to the backyard and he sprayed the windows and she loved it. Ahhhh....the big brother "bait" is in the water...now he just has to lure her outside. Bazinga....she bites and wants to go outside, and I let her. Hudson gives her a smile that can only mean one thing-- You...are....TOAST, and lets loose on her with the hose. And that's when the party started. The water was fairly chilly, she was fully dressed, and worst of all, UNARMED. You could have heard her screaming over at our house and man, oh, man did she make it fun for Hudson. He soaked her head to toe, and with the door being too heavy for her to open, she was right where he wanted her--flat against the windows, wailing. I got to her in seconds and wrapped her in a beach towel, took off her wet dress, warmed her up a little, and she was ready to fight. Geeze.....she's every older brother's dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment