Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, May 7, 2010

Busy is good


For a short week (since we were gone) , a lot has been accomplished. Fast is just not a speed that usually happens around here but I guess the stars must have lined up right, because it did. The trees are almost done--Santos is way high up in one of them as I type. Ahhh....the purrrr of a chain saw and the thud of a dead branch....music to my ears.
Our 4 wooden outdoor Adirondack rockers just finished their stint in "paint rehab" and they "rook mahvelous" if I do say so myself. Since we've been known to leave them out year round, they've taken quite a beating and I was almost going replace them until I spotted my neighbors painters, and got a quote. I figured what the hell....I might as well give 'um a chance. Anywho, after some sanding, a coat of primer, and four coats of white paint, they are in the backyard lookin' some kind of slick. The painter also graciously tightened them up with an Allen wrench so currently they don't shimmy, but give 'em a little time and they will. It's inevitable with those chairs. But for short folks, they are the berries. (to quote my dad)

My sister and I met over at mom's condo yesterday (yep, still have it until the end of the month) to tag stuff for consignment, and for each of us kids. We got a boat load of stuff tagged, cars loaded with stuff for us, and we were done--for yesterday. She and I speak a kind of short hand that probably only the two of us understand so that makes working fast and easy. Thank heaven she's out of town at a wedding this weekend or we'd be at it again today. I am currently scheduling a pick up with Brian for mom's washer and dryer for his new place---I have a distinct feeling I'll be housing them in our garage until June, when he moves out of his current place. Our garage already looks like a small Goodwill or Salvation Army. Holy cow. More stuff.

Well, lookey here....old Wiggins Piggins just walked in here to have coffee with me. He tends to do that if the doggie gate gets left open. Shortly, there'll be a loud wheezy snore coming from his direction. Land sakes....he's up... and headed back to the kitchen. And now he's back in here again. Now he's going back to the kitchen. Geeze....welcome to dog dementia.

No comments:

Post a Comment