Blog Patrol Counter

Monday, May 10, 2010

Peonies, roses, hydrangeas..oh, my


Holy cow....mom's at it, again. Saturday she got confused, didn't check her calendar (s), and told the Plaza concierge she was due at the hairdresser and needed to go--it was 10:30 am. The problem? That's what time she leaves on Wednesdays and this was Saturday. Saturday's she goes at noon but she forgot to look. They believed her, took her, and brought her right back. Then took her back at noon. OK...you all have to be sick of this because I'm about to pull a Brittney Spears and shave my head, I'm sooooo tired of it. But since this is my therapy--getting it out on a blog--either keep reading or don't-- and I'll certainly understand if you give this the hook. My sister is equally tired of this so before we drop the hammer on mom and make her stay at the Plaza to get her stuff done, I have put in a call to the Senior Living counselor for her input. Lord knows she's heard it all, so she may have some suggestions. Since this is not the first time mom has goofed up, her hair salon is getting pretty tired of all the drama. No kidding.

I took her some beautiful flowers for Mother's Day and Fred took his mom some also. If you haven't been to the new larger Cebolla on Maple, it is a feast for the senses and they have an enormous fat cat named Sofa, who adds his own brand of charm as he lazes around on the entry mat or wherever he decides he needs to snooze. He used to be at the smaller Cebolla on Lovers Lane but when the family moved their living space above the new building, he went with them. He's so fat he looks like he's been inflated--I can relate. There's just something about a snoozing cat that I cannot resist. He barely roused when Fred scratched on him. He just stretched a little.

I was swooning over the peonies, roses, hydrangeas, --you name it-- and in every color imaginable. While other places had peonies, none looked as fresh or well hydrated as these. If they have those weird brown spots or look rotty/ mushy, no thanks (Central Market). It was fun to stand in the refrigerated case and just breathe in the fragrance of those flowers. I also found a set of six standing antique single candle holders at different heights that would have gone home with me, if they'd been for sale. They apparently use them for weddings and I know they would have been just as fabulous at my house--inside or out--but they weren't parting with them because believe me, I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment