Blog Patrol Counter

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Ready to GO!!


I should be packing but I'd much rather drink coffee and blog. My red cloisonne (Chinese) clock from mom is happily ticking away in the living room and I LOVE IT. Yesterday, we had a minor problem when the clock face got loaded on the truck for the re-sale place but the guys located it and delivered it here. Since my old floors are a tad uneven in places...hey, this house is older than I am....we had to level the clock to getter' ticking accurately. Oh, baby...not only is she ticking but she's keeping great time and I'm waiting to see if she chimes the hour. She always has but if she doesn't, that won't bother me in the least since at midnight, that's a lot of chiming. (And, no, she did not chime and it's a little past 9 AM.) Minor detail. Doesn't make the list for today. Maybe next week.

We haven't told Sis and "Mr. Pigglesworth" that we are going to the Farm but their farm radar is on and once we start putting stuff in the car, the frenzy will begin. From a previous post, you all know they will camp out beside the car and will not come inside. They will not go potty or come get a last minute drink of water--they're not budging. It's like a dog sit-in. Muff doesn't care that we leave but he does like to climb in bags to "roost" so you have to be sure he's not in one. He does enjoy watching all the action, though, as Bruce tries to fit everything we own, into the car. It's for one night but you'd think it was for a week. I guess he just likes to take his toys.

OK...time for a coffee refill and to pack up steaks, twice baked potatoes, salad gear, and dessert (ice cream and fresh sliced strawberries.) We've got to eat, after all. Rocking in the rocking chairs on the screened in porch burns calories. Not to mention the visitin'.

This last update: I just got back from the garden and my Blue Lake green beans are almost ready to pick, my squash are putting out like a slutty high schooler, and the tomato count is up to seven big ones and some smaller guys lagging behind. The basil variety I chose to try up there is just weird. It's starting to kick into gear but the leaves are so small, and I'm used to the big old Genovese ones that almost cover a tomato slice. A few random Genovese basil plants are coming up from last years crop--fine by me. I have two in pots outside my back door that I've already cut back! Two beets are trying to make a go of it and the carrots are down to two twiggy little things that are just sad looking. I'm going to keep at them because ya just never know. They might surprise me.


No comments:

Post a Comment