Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, May 14, 2010

Presley

I am enlisting your help since I have just hit the iTunes wall. I received a gift card for the App store for my iPhone for Mother's Day from Brian and have loaded said card. The problem? iTunes won't let me in, saying my password is incorrect. OK, fine. So I changed my password. No luck. So, I did it two more times. I have even spoken with Apple support. I still cannot use the gift card so I'm heading up to the Apple store sometime today or tomorrow to work this out. Gadgets are fine until you hit this kind of insanity. Criminy. Anyone willing to offer suggestions other than not the gift card (smarty pants) , I'm all ears.

My neighbors whose house is for sale next door, just went from having the mom living there while the husband worked in Austin and the three kids were either in college or working, to having EVERYONE return to the roost--at least for a while--with the older daughter's BIG dog, Presley. Now, honestly, in the past, Presley has been the dog from hell. She has eaten one of their den chairs (anxiety at being left alone too long) , barked and raised fifteen kinds of hell while you were trying to nap or sleep (night) , jumped up on short people dressed in white and gotten mud all over them, howled incessantly, and jumped up and slathered your face in dog spit as an "I'm sooo glad to see ya", before you could knock her down. Believe me, she's fast. She's mostly white with a few black spots and has the general composition of a dalmation but there's something else in there, too, I know not what. Yeah, yeah....she was a puppy and all that but good grief...she was also just a big moose. Any dog that can almost knock me down isn't small.

As much as I have wanted to kill her, on numerous ocassions, I find she is just too hilarious to hate. Before she moved to Houston with my neighbors oldest daughter, I was right on the edge of tossing a poisoned steak over the back fence but somehow when I'd actually see her, all that frustration would just give way to hysterical laughter. And we have bonded over numerous times I have saved her bacon, letting her out when the kids "forgot", feeding her when I knew they hadn't, cause the kegger wasn't over yet and were probably too drunk to drive home anyway, and let her out to potty because no one was home. My neighbors always left their back door open (for their convenience) but also (I think) because they knew old softie mama Harris was gonna go let Press out or feed her, if she needed it. Yep .......diagnosis? I am a sucker. Oh, well....I guess there are worse things to be and I can't wait to go see her since now that she's a mature lady, she doesn't jump as much. And I know better than to wear white.

No comments:

Post a Comment