Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Holiday: Things I know Today

It's my annual holiday " Things I know Today " that I've either fought hard to learn or given myself permission to do, whether it makes other people happy or not.  So, here goes.

                                                                                                    

1.  Today I know putting on my lipstick in the dining room of a certain ladies club, at a Christmas tea, may upset some of the older "old school" ladies, but it damn sure won't kill 'um.  It's 2012, ladies.  Lots worse things can and will, happen. ( Luckily this did not happen to me or I'd have taken my lipstick back out and re-applied, s-l-o-w-l-y.)

2.  Today I know homemade doesn't have to mean I made it.  Putting it a container I bought or wrapping it with my cellophane takes care of all that.  Nobody really cares anyway.
3.  Today I know some people just aren't capable of being very happy.  Don't make it about yourself.  It's not.
4.  Today I know happiness is an inside job and my responsibility.  It's not someone else's job to make me happy.
5.  Today I know Christmas is just one day, but can be celebrated on any day.  Don't get confused about what's really important.
6.  Today I know to protect my energy zealously around this time of year.
7.  Today I know anything that drains me or sucks my energy I either stop doing completely, or only do occasionally, and then I pick and choose those times carefully.  I'm an adult.  I can choose. ( If you needed permission to quit doing something, you just got it.)
8.  Today I know just because I think it, doesn't make it true.  I might be right; I might not.
9.  Today I know just because I feel it doesn't make it true, either.  Feelings aren't facts.
10. Lastly, today I know to let go or be dragged.

And that's just how I see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment