Blog Patrol Counter

Friday, December 21, 2012

Really???

Well, so much for keeping my trap shut.  Ya knew it would never last and so did I.  Here's what I want to discuss this morning and that's Congress going home for Christmas with no final decision and plan for the Fiscal cliff.  Really??  You all went home and just left it??  It's a damn good thing for them that I'm not the President because I'd have told them all to get really comfortable 'cause they weren't going ANYWHERE until a decision and plan was reached.  I don't care if they had to eat beans out of a can for Christmas lunch or dinner.  So sad, too bad.  Get on with the business of taking care of this country which is what you were elected to do in the first place.

I think it would really flush out the weenies, too...the ones who talk a good game but put to the test, might agree to anything to go home and sleep in their own bed.  Times are tough, folks.  Those of you in Congress need to pull your heads out and get down to the basics of working together, instead of against each other.  If it were me, I'd have locked them in and left them access to a bathroom, and that's IT.  I'd have taken all their cell phones, laptops, etc., and left them to WORK. IT. OUT.  I'd have had flats of canned beans, a can opener, and water, dropped off by armed Marines, with the instructions "Shoot to kill", if anyone tries to make a run for it.  I'd give them 72 hours to come to an agreement letting them know up front, what was at stake for them: no agreement, you are all fired.  Period.  No more benefits, no pension, no more running for public office--not even a dogcatcher.  You go home in total disgrace and then we'll see how strong your convictions really are. 

Like I said, it's a damn good thing I'm not President.  Merry Christmas, Congress.

No comments:

Post a Comment