Blog Patrol Counter

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

FOS

In the interest of doing something new this year--and something I've always wanted to do--I called ahead to Central Market to be put on the list of volunteers for Feast of Sharing in November.  This is the celebration HEB hosts every year where they serve low income and anyone else who wants to come, a free Thanksgiving meal.  I'm talkin' the whole shebang.  Right down to the pumpkin pie.  Makes you smile, doesn't it?  It sure does me.  
                                                               
Every year when I see it on TV, I kick myself for not getting my act together earlier, to volunteer.  Not so this year.  They are still looking for volunteers so if you want to come, give Central Market a call.  Later they will send you a list of jobs you can choose from and shift(s) you would like to work.  I think it will be a total blast and a fun way to be of service to the community.  As JFK said "To whom much is given, much is expected".  And the good news is, it's at Fair Park.  I can find that.  I plan to don my my most stylish tennies, my apron, and get busy doing whatever they tell me to do.  I'll report back afterwards how it goes.

And speaking of food, I just caught Sis in the Utility room licking the front of my apron from yesterday.  She licked it last night, too, after I'd finished cooking.  She came and hopped up in my lap last night while I was taking five.  I guess the PW pot pie worked for Sis, too.  Yeah...she got a little bit.  Just a taste. :)))







No comments:

Post a Comment